Stay A Night, Meet The Locals and Cook Traditional Recipes
Cook and Stay – Overview
Looking for an authentic cultural experience in Bali? Look no further than our Stay a Night, Meet the Locals, and Cook Traditional Recipes.
Immerse yourself in the local life of the Balinese countryside by staying with a local family in their village home. Join us for a cooking class during the day or dinner at night, and learn more about Balinese lifestyle, traditions, and cuisine.
Experience the warm hospitality of the local people and become a part of their family.
- Spend the night with the host family.
- Inclusive 1 breakfast and 1 dinner
- 6.5-hour experience from market tour, farm tour, and hands-on cooking
- Enjoy the Balinese dinner at our cooking school in the evening.
- Cooking experience that is completely hands-on
- A visit to the local traditional market
- farm tour to see live spices and tropical vegetation used in cooking and medicine.
- Learn to prepare delicious basic spices in Balinese food and how to use them.
- Discover Balinese cooking methods with an expert chef.
- Free printed recipe book and our design PDF recipe (downloadable)
- All the food you cook is yours.(You can take it to the hotel.)
- Coming soon! a link to our Balinese cooking blog for more Balinese and Indonesian recipe ideas
Cook and Stay – Full Description
Are you looking for something more than just a typical tour of Bali? Do you want to experience the real Balinese way of life and immerse yourself in local culture? Then our cook and stay program is perfect for you.
By staying in a homestay with a local family in the village, you will have the opportunity to learn about the Balinese lifestyle and cuisine, as well as participate in local traditions and customs. You’ll be welcomed into the family’s home and become a part of their everyday lives.
During the day or at night, join us for a cooking class and learn to prepare traditional Balinese dishes using fresh ingredients sourced from the organic farm. Find out how to make dishes like opor, satay, and gado-gado and learn the secrets of Balinese cooking.
As part of the program, you’ll also have the chance to participate in other cultural activities, such as planting or making offerings at a family house. In the right season, you can even join in with the local community and help with their daily activities.
By participating in the cook and stay program, you will not only have an unforgettable cultural experience, but you’ll also be contributing to the local community. Help the people in the village while on vacation in Bali and learn more about their culture and history.
Our program is designed to give you a unique and authentic experience that you’ll never forget. Rather than settling for a typical tour program, our cook and stay program offers something different.
You’ll be able to fully experience the Balinese way of life and make memories that will stay with you forever.
So, why not step off the beaten path and join us for an unforgettable cultural experience in Bali?
Book now and become a part of the family in the village. You’ll share laughter, hard work, and fun with the local people of the village in their original surroundings.
Experience all this and more when you fully immerse yourself in the cook and stay program.
Cook and Stay Includes
- Free round-trip transfer : from Ubud center area
- All cooking ingredients and the food your cook
- Free recipe booklet and PDF recipe (downloadable)
- Local market visit
- Organic farm tour
- 6 dishes and 1 dessert
- 1 Bottle of mineral water
- Special menu request (at extra charge)
- Additional drinks
- Transfer outside Ubud center (at extra charge)
- Free pick up service included ONLY for: Ubud center area.
- If your hotel is located in: Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua and Sanur select the cost accordingly in the time booking.
- Otherwise, please meet up at Ubud Tourist Infomation Center meeting point – 7:30 am
- Confirmation of availability will be received within 24 hours. Once confirmed, please present your booking receipt
- Cancellation at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- Cancellation between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Cancellation within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
The experience at The organic farm was amazing!
It’s a beautiful location with stunning surroundings.
Deran, our instructor was so enthusiastic, fun and helpful throughout the day. He taught us many things about Balinese culture and the food was delicious!
I would definitely recommend the experience!
The hosts were very responsive and accommodating, I had some accommodation issues and they let me rain check to another date without any issues!
Thank you guys for a really fun and YUM day!!
Incredible Morning Learning About Balinese Food and Culture!
Had the most incredible morning learning about Balinese food and culture.
We cooked food we had never tried before and they were all delicious! Food could be adjusted to intolerances and we loved the vegetarian menu!
The surroundings were beautiful and we would 100% recommend to anyone thinking about a cooking class. 10/10.
Great Experience Learn About Balinese Cuisine and Culture!
Highly recommend this experience!
It was hard to find the location of this cooking school but Wayan was very helpful in finding my location on the road and coming to me while lost on the road to get me to the right location.
Overall, had a great experience learning about the type of plants/vegetables grown in the organic garden. Additionally, learn about Balinese cuisine and culture through this experience.
Staff were extremely knowledgeable and friendly, recipes were excellent (tons of leftovers to take home), and the facility was clean.
Loved supporting this local + organic business!
Other classes option
Bali cooking class and culinary experience in the morning with a visit to local market! Immerse yourself in the vibrant Balinese culture, learn about local ingredients, organic farming, and traditional cooking techniques. Join our personalized and immersive experience, with expert local chefs, and indulge in a delicious Balinese meal.
Experience the magic of Bali's nature with Taman Dukuh's Ubud firefly watching tours. Take a sunset walk through...