Ubud Evening Firefly Watching Tours and Experience Traditional Balinese Life
Farm Cooking School | Bali Cooking Class in Ubud
2535+ Exellence reviews
See all reviews | Write a review
Ubud meeting point free pick-up included
Ubud Evening Firefly Watching Tours and Experience Traditional Balinese Life Overview
Experience the enchanting beauty and unique culture of Bali on this Balinese Night Adventure. See how the fireflies light up the rice fields at night, eat a delicious organic meal at a local farm, and learn about Balinese culture and daily life by visiting a Balinese family compound.
Firefly Watching Tour Highlights
- Witness the mesmerizing sight of fireflies lighting up the rice fields at night.
- Enjoy a delicious organic dinner at a local farm.
- Take a guided tour of the organic farm and learn about sustainable farming practices.
- Visit a Balinese family compound and gain insight into local culture and daily life.
- Transportation to and from the meeting point in Ubud is included.
- English-speaking guide to provide information and answer any questions you may have.
- Vegetarian and vegan options are available for the organic dinner.
- Suitable for all fitness levels.
- A special gift from our village
What You Can Expect
Your Ubud Evening Firefly Watching Tours begin with a meeting point in Ubud, where you’ll be picked up by your English-speaking guide and transported to a small village outside of Ubud.
When you arrive, our organic farm family will greet you, and your guide will take you on a tour of the farm, where you’ll learn about the importance of sustainable farming practices in Bali and how the farm is helping the local community.
Afterward, you’ll enjoy a delicious organic dinner at our farm (which is also a cooking school). Vegetarian and vegan options are available for the organic dinner.
The farm uses sustainable farming practices and is committed to promoting local food and culture.
You’ll also have the opportunity to take a guided tour of the farm and learn about sustainable farming practices.
Next, you’ll visit a Balinese family compound and gain insight into local culture and daily life.
The Balinese people are known for their warm hospitality and unique way of life, and this visit is a rare opportunity to see it up close.
Throughout the tour, your guide will provide information and answer any questions you may have.
Transportation to and from the meeting point in Ubud is included, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
We open everyday (7 days a week)
- Transportation to and from the meeting point in Ubud
- English-speaking guide
- Firefly watching tour
- Organic dinner at a local farm
- Guided tour of the organic farm
- Visit to a Balinese family compound
- A very special gift from the village
- Personal expenses
- Free pick up service included ONLY for: Ubud center area (Dalem Puri Parking; Across of Sens Hotel).
- If your hotel is located in: Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua and Sanur select the cost accordingly in the time booking.
- Confirmation of availability will be received within 24 hours. Once confirmed, please present your booking receip
- Cancellation at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- Cancellation between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Cancellation within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Ubud Firefly Watching Tours Testimonials
It’s really great to sit in the middle of a paddy field, watching fireflies roaming freely and listening to the frogs, crickets and birds perform the sound of nature.
It’s also very enjoyable listening to Made to explain the structure of traditional Bali house and Balinese culture. Dinner served is also authentic and delicious.
Highly recommended for tourists who want to experience Bali in a different way
It was one of the best experience we had in Bali. If you have the time please take this Tour and you will understand.
Starting with the safe ride to Taro village over seeing the Farm where they grow all kinds of vegetables etc.
The Guide is always with you and answers all the questions you have. He is knowledgeable, enthusiastic and funny.
The food was one of the best if not the best we had here. We also visited his own family where he explains the Balinese family lifestyle as well as the architecture.
You can see and feel that he is passionate about what he does and we would give even 100 stars if we could.
If you are not getting this tour you are missing out!
This was a fantastic tour, well worth the price, and the fireflies were only one part.
We had a wonderful dinner, got a tour of the farm, and were show around the guide, Wayan’s home.
We learned a great deal about the Balinese way of life, and enjoyed ourselves very much.
The nighttime walk through the rice fields to see the fireflies was great fun, too.
And Wayan uses part of the tour proceeds to support a local orphanage.
Common Questions About Firefly:
Q: When is the best time to see fireflies?
A: Fireflies are most active during the rainy season in Bali, which is typically from October to March. However, we can’t guarantee that you will see fireflies on every tour as their presence is dependent on weather and other environmental factors.
Q: What is a firefly and why do fireflies glow at night?
A: Fireflies are a type of beetle known for their bioluminescence, which means they can produce their own light. The light is produced through a chemical reaction in their bodies and is used for a variety of purposes, including attracting mates and warning predators.
Q: Where are fireflies most commonly found?
A: Fireflies are found all over the world, but they are most commonly found in tropical and temperate regions. In Bali, fireflies are most commonly found in rice fields and other agricultural areas.
Q: What months do you see fireflies?
A: Fireflies are most active during the rainy season in Bali, which is typically from October to March. However, their presence is dependent on weather and other environmental factors, so we cannot guarantee that you will see fireflies on every tour.
Q: What are three facts about fireflies?
1. Fireflies are actually a type of beetle and are found all over the world, from tropical rainforests to temperate forests.
2. Fireflies use their bioluminescence for a variety of purposes, including attracting mates and warning predators.
3. Fireflies are an important indicator species, as they are sensitive to changes in their environment and can be used to gauge the health of ecosystems.
Q: Are the fireflies harmful?
A: No, fireflies are not harmful to humans. In fact, they are beneficial to the environment as they are indicators of a healthy ecosystem.
Other classes option
Ubud Evening Firefly Watching & Experience Traditional Balinese Life
Experience the magic of Bali's nature with Taman Dukuh's Ubud firefly watching tours. Take a sunset walk through our beautiful Balinese village, and enjoy a traditional Balinese dinner. With our expert guide, you'll learn about the natural history of fireflies and the best times to view them. Join us for an unforgettable and peaceful experience in the heart of Bali's nature. Book now to enjoy this mesmerizing natural phenomenon!
Balinese Authentic Advanced Cooking Class
Take your Balinese culinary skills to the next level with our advanced Balinese farm cooking class. Our expert local chefs will guide you through the preparation of advanced Balinese dishes, using fresh, organic ingredients from our farm. Learn about the art of traditional Balinese cooking and take your skills to new heights.