Authentic Balinese Cuisine at our Ubud Cooking Class – Fresh Ingredients, Farm-to-Table Delights, and New Friends Await!
Ubud meeting point free shuttle included
Ubud Cooking Class – Overview
A Farm-to-Table Experience: Unleash Your Inner Chef in Ubud!
Imagine the joy of cooking with the freshest ingredients straight from the farm.
At our Ubud Cooking Class, we offer you the unique opportunity to handpick the ingredients for your culinary creations.
From vibrant vegetables to aromatic herbs, you’ll have a plethora of organic produce at your fingertips.
Our instructors, known for their communicative and helpful nature, will guide you through the process, ensuring that your cooking experience is both enjoyable and educational.
Ubud Cooking Class Highlights
- Immerse Yourself in Balinese Culinary Delights at Our Ubud Cooking Class!
- Pick and Cook with Fresh, Organic Ingredients at an Idyllic Farm in Taro Village
- Hassle-Free Transportation: Enjoy a Shuttle Service from Ubud to Our Cooking Class
- 4.92 Stars from 2742+ Reviews: Join the Highly Rated Ubud Cooking Class Experience
- Interactive and Supportive: Engage with Communicative and Helpful Instructors
- Farm-to-Table Adventure: Gather Ingredients from the Local Market and Farm
- Catering to All Needs: Accommodating Special Dietary Preferences and Intolerances
- Indulge in Culinary Bliss: Cook and Savor Delicious Balinese Cuisine
- Take Home the Magic: Receive a Printed Booklet with All the Authentic Recipes
- Discover the Enchantment: Unveil a Magical and Insightful Ubud Cooking Class
- Fun and Engaging: Learn from Charismatic, Fun-Loving, and Professional Instructors
- Forge New Connections: Make Friends and Bond During the Ubud Cooking Class
- Dive into Balinese Culture: Experience the Local Market and Insights into Balinese Cooking
- Empowered to Cook: Gain Confidence to Recreate Delightful Dishes at Home
- Embrace Your Inner Chef: Cooking Becomes a Creative and Joyful Activity
- Taste the Excellence: Delight Your Palate with Exquisite and Recommended Balinese Dishes
Ubud Cooking Class – Full Description
An Immersive Culinary Journey
Cooking Class Ubud invites you to an unforgettable culinary experience nestled in the lush beauty of rural Ubud.
Morning vs. Afternoon Sessions
Whether you’re an early riser or a sunset lover, we have sessions to accommodate your schedule.
Our morning sessions kickstart with a visit to a local Ubud market, giving participants a genuine taste of Balinese commerce.
The afternoon classes, on the other hand, culminate with a delicious dinner under the serene rural Ubud twilight.
From Farm to Your Plate
What sets us apart is our hands-on approach to food. In each class, participants have the opportunity to harvest their own ingredients from our organic garden.
Learn more about the fresh produce that goes into your dishes and enjoy the additional freshness and flavor they provide.
Authentic Balinese Cuisine
Each session guides participants through the art of traditional Balinese cooking, crafting a variety of dishes that capture the unique flavors and methods of the local cuisine.
From appetizers to desserts, you will learn to prepare a complete Balinese meal.
Friendly, Fun, and Inclusive Atmosphere
Our experienced staff ensures a friendly, fun, and inclusive atmosphere during the class.
Their expertise and passion for Balinese cuisine make each lesson not just educational, but truly enjoyable.
Regardless of your cooking experience, our classes provide an enriching and accessible culinary experience.
Take the Experience Home
And it doesn’t end at the class. Each participant will receive a recipe book, allowing you to recreate the delectable Balinese dishes back home, spreading the flavors of Bali to your loved ones.
Explore, cook, and feast with Cooking Class Ubud – the ultimate gastronomical adventure that leaves a lingering taste of Bali in your memory.
Ubud Cooking Class Availability
We open everyday (7 days a week)
Ubud Cooking Class Menus
We take pride in showcasing the vibrant flavors and time-honored techniques of authentic Balinese cuisine, all crafted with the freshest ingredients harvested straight from our own organic farm.
Through our expert guidance, you’ll have the opportunity to learn and master the art of creating traditional Balinese dishes that are sure to tantalize your taste buds.
Let’s explore some of the mouthwatering dishes you’ll have the chance to cook and savor during our culinary adventure.
- Base Gede (Traditional Spices Paste): a traditional spice paste that forms the heart of many Balinese dishes. This aromatic blend of lemongrass, galangal, and indigenous spices provides a distinctive foundation that infuses each dish with a burst of flavor.
- Sayur Urab (Mix Green Salad with Coconut and Spice): a mix green salad with coconut and spice. This vibrant salad combines crisp greens with shredded coconut and a medley of aromatic spices, creating a light and flavorful dish that perfectly complements the heartier main courses.
- Opor Ayam (Balinese Chicken Curry): a Balinese chicken curry that will transport you to the streets of Bali. Succulent pieces of chicken are simmered in a creamy coconut milk broth, infused with a harmonious blend of traditional Balinese spices. Each spoonful is a taste of paradise.
- Sate Lilit (Traditional Balinese Kebab made with Pork meat and Balinese Spice): a traditional Balinese kebab made with Chicken or pork meat and Balinese spice. Ground meat, seasoned with a fragrant mix of Balinese spices, is carefully skewered and grilled to perfection. The result is a juicy and flavorful kebab that will leave you craving more.
- Ayam Sambal Matah (Chicken with Raw Sauce): a dish that combines tender pan grilled chicken with a raw sauce bursting with tangy and spicy flavors. The Sambal Matah sauce, made with a blend of fresh ingredients, elevates the taste of the chicken to new heights, creating a truly unforgettable culinary experience.
- Tempe Asam Manis (Sweet Sour Tempe): a dish that marries sweet and sour elements with the wholesome goodness of fermented soybean cake (tempe). The tempe is cooked in a delectable sweet and sour sauce, resulting in a dish that is both satisfying and packed with delightful flavors.
- Bubur Injin or Pisang Goreng Two classic Balinese desserts to complete your culinary experience (depending on the group we will cook one of the dessert menu):
Bubur Injin: is a warm and comforting black rice pudding cooked with coconut milk, pandan leaves, and palm sugar. The result is a luscious and indulgent dessert that will leave you wanting more.
Pisang Goreng: banana fritters made by dipping ripe bananas in a batter and deep-frying them until they turn golden brown. It’s the perfect sweet treat to end your meal on a high note.
Vegetarian or Vegan Menus:
- Base Gede (Traditional Spices Paste): a flavorful paste that serves as the foundation for many vegetarian and vegan dishes. Let the rich blend of herbs and spices transport you to the vibrant streets of Ubud.
- Gado Gado (Steamed Vegetables with Traditional Peanut Sauce): a harmonious medley of steamed vegetables, tofu, and tempeh. The generous drizzle of traditional peanut sauce adds a burst of flavor to every bite, creating a symphony of tastes and textures.
- Opor Tempe (Balinese Tempe Curry): a vegetarian twist on the classic Opor dish. Here, tempeh takes center stage as the protein substitute, simmered to perfection in a luscious curry made from coconut milk and Balinese spices. The combination of creamy coconut and aromatic spices creates a truly satisfying culinary experience.
- Bergedel (Fried Corn with Balinese Spice): crispy fritters made from corn and traditional Balinese spices. These golden-brown treats offer a perfect balance of flavors, combining the sweetness of corn with the fragrant spices of Bali.
- Tempe Asam Manis (Sweet Sour Tempe): This dish showcases the nutty taste of tempeh, complemented by the delightful combination of sweet and sour notes. It’s a tantalizing fusion that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
- Tum (Veggies Wrap in Banana Leaf): a dish that encapsulates the essence of Balinese cuisine. Veggies are expertly cooked with a harmonious blend of spices, resulting in an aromatic and mouthwatering vegan delicacy. Each bite is like a journey through the lush landscapes of Ubud.
- Bubur Injin or Pisang GorengTo complete your culinary experience, we offer two classic Balinese desserts. Depending on the group, we will prepare either Bubur Injin or Pisang Goreng.
Bubur Injin: is a warm and comforting black rice pudding cooked with coconut milk, pandan leaves, and palm sugar. The combination of these ingredients creates a symphony of flavors that will transport you to dessert heaven.
Pisang Goreng: a crispy and indulgent treat. Ripe bananas are dipped in a batter and deep-fried until golden brown, resulting in a delightful blend of sweetness and crunch.
Ubud Cooking Class Inclusions
- Complimentary shuttle service from our meeting point in Ubud (Dalem Puri)
- Fresh, organic ingredients for a culinary journey, along with the meals you cook
- Our exclusive recipe booklet, plus a digital PDF version for your future kitchen adventures
- An enriching tour of a local market, exclusively available for our morning class participants
- A fascinating walk around our organic farm, where our vibrant ingredients are harvested
- A comprehensive course covering 5 main courses, 1 traditional Balinese Spice Paste, and 1 delightful dessert
- Unlimited supply of drinking water, tea, or coffee to keep you refreshed and hydrated
- Specialized menu requests (available at an additional charge)
- Extra beverages apart from the provided drinking water, tea, or coffee
- Shuttle service outside the established meeting point in Ubud (can be arranged for an additional charge)
- Complimentary pick-up service is available exclusively from the Ubud Meeting point (Dalem Puri Parking, opposite Sens Hotel).
- If you’re staying in Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua, or Sanur, please select the relevant pick-up service during your booking process.
- For those wishing to join us at the local markets, please meet us at Pasar Tegallalang at 7:45 AM or at Pasar Pujung at 7:55 AM.
- If our pick-up service doesn’t cover your location, please meet us directly at the designated Ubud meeting point at 7:30 AM.
- If you’re planning to use your own transportation, please aim to arrive at our farm by 8:45 AM for the morning class or by 1:15 PM for the afternoon session.
- You can expect to receive confirmation of your booking within 24 hours. Once your spot is secured, please have your booking receipt ready for presentation at the class.
- Cancellation at least 7 days in advance: No cancellation fee.
- Cancellation between 3 and 6 days in advance: 50% cancellation fee.
- Cancellation within 2 days of the scheduled departure: 100% cancellation fee.
Ubud Cooking Class Customer Reviews
A must do when visiting Bali!
Amazing time at the farm cooking school. The pick up was convenient and free from ubud centre in an air conditioned car.
The staff were friendly, sociable and informative. The cooking was hands on and enjoyable and the food tasted amazing.
They are really organised, clean and had lovely extra touches like welcome drinks and fruit on arrival and a recipe book to leave with.
Its my 2nd time here and love it!
A Great Array of Traditional Balinese Cuisine.
My friends and I spent 10 days in Bali, and this day was one of my favorites.
I did some research on all of the different cooking classes offered around Ubud, and this one stood out for multiple reasons.
The price is comparable to any other class, but this one had a few differences that caught my eye.
It is actually a farm, so we were able to shop for our ingredients on the premises while the instructors explained each crop.
We got to walk around with a basket and literally harvest our food, and this turned out to be both fun and educational.
It also had 7 courses, a great array of traditional Balinese cuisine.
The people were incredibly friendly, and we loved getting a glimpse into their lives through food.
We even got to take our recipe book home with us so we can try to recreate some of the dishes.
They even surprised us at the end with an Instagram reel of clips throughout our day, a really unexpected way to remember the day.
One piece of criticism would be that the description advertised a hotel pick up, but in reality, we were required to meet in Ubud center due to traffic concerns.
This was not a big deal, but not what we expected. Overall, I cannot recommend this place enough!
It Was So Interesting Learning About and See Local Organic Farm Production
This was one of our favorite experiences during our trip to Bali!
I cannot say enough good things! We enjoyed every part of the trip.
Very convenient with pickup in Ubud area.
The instructor was very knowledgeable and friendly and showed us around the local market where he purchased us fresh fruit and a local breakfast food that we then enjoyed at the beautiful farm.
The farm is very beautiful and it was so interesting learning about and see local organic farm production.
And trying fruits right off the tree along the walk was so cool! The cooking class was very fun and hands on making traditional Balinese meals from scratch.
With breaks in between courses to enjoy your cooking along the way. And you will definitely have leftovers to take home.
The instructor was a delight and full of jokes. Very friendly staff 15/10 service!
Other classes option
Experience the magic of Bali's nature with Taman Dukuh's Ubud firefly watching tours. Take a sunset walk through...